RFC: Refactor CD player logic from kscd

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Thu Mar 17 05:35:22 GMT 2005

Hi all,

In looking at the code that handles the CD drive in kscd, it seems to me that
it deserves to be factored out into a "kcompactdisc" class wrapping the
uglier parts of the libwm stuff.

I have a prototype in hand, but before I went any further, Ijust wanted to
check that (a) nobody else has any big changes planned for kscd, ot (b) any
basic objection to the refactoring idea.

The long term goal is to revive kscd somewhat and tidy it up (because I like
it), but not really anything beyond that. In due course, if I have time, I
would like to move kscd's settings to share a bit more from kcontrol's CD
module.

Please CC' me on replies.

Thanks, Shaheed