GStreamer Qt Bindingss and Widget

Engin AYDOGAN engin at bzzzt.biz
Fri Jun 3 12:01:18 BST 2005

On Friday 03 June 2005 13:17, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:

> Thanks! As a Gst dev, can I give a comment? It seems like you're
> wrapping individual elements as actual named objects, which may not be a
> good idea given the plugin-based nature of the thing. We try to keep
> elements as opaque as possible. Would something like this be possible in
> the wrappers?

You're welcome.
This is exactly why I want others to have access on the code. I'm certainly
unexperienced in Gst framework, so this kind of comments are extremely
welcome. But I wish I had understood this one, can you clarify this, and
provide a simple test case which demonstrates whee it will cause problem, if
possible at all.

Do you have svn write access ? Maybe we can work together ?

> E.g. there's an GST::AlsaSink object, would it be possible to hide this
> from the bindings? Or are there specific reasons for this to be exposed
> in the API?

Still doesn't ring any bells ;)
--
Best regards,