[kopete-devel] GStreamer Qt Bindingss and Widget

Duncan Mac-Vicar P. duncan at kde.org
Fri Jun 3 05:00:22 BST 2005

> We're trying to implement web cam support for msn (and for other protocols
> in the future). The project Farsight ( http://farsight.sf.net ) aims to
> provide a framework for audio/video conferencing in IM clients. Farsight
> project itself is using GStreamer multimedia framework.

AFAIK libmmic joined that project. So I full support the idea of reusing it as
it seems all IM clients will require libmmic for MSN stream decoding.

You don't specify if such widget wrapper is already in farsight's cvs or is
just an example, of an example you already coded.
In that case I would suggest that those interested in that part of Kopete join
the farsight project and maintain a KDE api/wrapper/widgets for it. About
gstreamer, its ok, we don't have more alternatives right now.

Duncan