Need Help copying from cassette tape to Hard Drive

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Jul 12 11:16:19 BST 2005

> Hi all:
> I have a audio cassette tape of Marriage. The audio quality leaves much to be
> desired. The volume of sound ranges from loud to very hard to hear, due to
> the placement of the churches microphones. What I need is to know what is the
> best program and settings to use to move this from the tape to hard drive and
> get a decent quality. I have never done anything like this and have no clue
> as to how to proceed. I hope someone could help me. Thanks for your help in
> advance.
Hi Ralph!
  IMHO there isn't a good sound recording and processing app for KDE yet. There
is krec but it's not suitable for Your needs.
  Try for example Audacity. It contains many good effects which can improve
the quality substantially; however, it requires some experiences (or a lot of
playing to gain it before). There are other apps like Ardour or Rezound, which
may be even more powerful but they require even more practice to get a good
result (it may be my subjective feeling, don't flame me please).
  If You want more help, write me personally because it's OT for KDE lists.
                                  With regards, Pavel Troller