Noatun Upgrade

Yogesh Marwaha yogeshm02 at rediffmail.com
Mon Jan 31 16:34:45 GMT 2005

Hi!

I am a big fan of Noatun. I am using it right from the day when I
first used Linux. What I liked was it simplicity and extensibility
(plugins). But, now its future is unpredictable. Major factor for this
is that there has not been any improvement/addition of feature
recently.

I strongly feel that Noatun now needs a major facelifting. For that I
have a few hints:
1.	Make its engine also a plugin
2.	Some neat features like cross-fade etc.
3.	Somehow manage to play audio cds directly.

Otherwise I do not see any major lack of feature in Noatun. I don't
know if someone is already working on any of the above said, but would
like to hear from you what you think of my ideas and if I am wasting
my time writing plugins for Noatun (In case it is scheduled to be
dropped from KDE).

Yogesh M
Chandigarh, India
http://mylinuxapps.tripod.com