Noatun Upgrade

Michael Donaghy mdonaghy at cwazy.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 18:22:27 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 01 Feb 2005 18:11, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 1. Februar 2005 18:55 schrieb Michael Donaghy:
> > On Monday 31 Jan 2005 18:01, Stefan Gehn wrote:

> > Have you tried it with plain xmms? IME that always works fine playing CDs
> > either digitally or analoguely. Shows it's possible, although obviously
> > it's not doing it in proper kde fashion.
>
> Yes, I tried that. One plugin plays them in plain old analogue mode (ugly
> because you cannot alter the audio data in any way)m, the other one is a
> third-party plugin which failed on all my cdroms in several funny ways.

The one I use, AFAIK the default included with 1.2.10, gives you an option in
the setup for each drive where you can choose analogue or digital audio
extraction. I have two drives both set up to use DAE, an otherwise unmarked
Benq DVD-ROM drive and a Cyberdrive CW058D CD-RW, both of which play all my
CDs fine.