kde mediacontrol applet mpd backend patch.

William Robinson baggins at elitemail.org
Tue Apr 19 22:17:04 BST 2005

Hi there.

I've just created a new backend interface for mediacontrol to service mpd
users. I've made a patch against the current CVS tree of kdeaddons. It can be
found at http://bill.hobbiton.cjb.net/mediacontrol-mpd.patch.gz . You can
apply it by doing something like this:

cd my-cvs-checkouts/kdeaddons/mediacontrol
gzcat /path/to/mediacontrol-mpd.patch.gz | patch -u -p1

The patch includes four new files mpdInterface.cpp, mpdInterface.h providing
implementations of the PlayerInterface in the MpdInterface class. Also, for
my own convenience, I included (slightly modified versions of) the two key
files from libmpdclient: libmpdclient.c and libmpdclient.h. However, if this
is unacceptable, it is of course possible to fold the relevent functionality
straight into MpdInterface.

I'd appreciate any suggestions to make this better and/or get it accepted into
the mediacontrol applet proper.

Thanks,
Bill.