Channel separation using arts ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Apr 11 11:41:12 BST 2005

Hi!
  I would like to use two generic closed-source programs (Skype and TeamSpeak
clients) to share one soundcard using arts. However, because both these VoIP
apps operate in mono mode, I would like to separate the audio channels of one
stereo soundcard and use for example left channels for Skype and right ones
for TS. On a hardware level, I would make a fork cable and connect two monaural
audio devices (like headphones and mikes etc.) to one soundcard.
  Is it possible, using artsdsp and some form of advanced setup, to make this
separation on the system level and let the programs feel that they are working
on a full soundcard ? Or does anybody know another product (program etc.)
allowing this ?
                     With regards, Pavel Troller