Proposal: libunixmm.so (about the Comparison: MAS, GStreamer, NMM)

Christian Esken c.esken at cityweb.de
Thu Sep 9 20:48:55 BST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 10:12, Scott Wheeler wrote:

> Well, and in fact I think that these guys are probably more likely to follow
> what we do rather than to agree to another library from us.  Specifically I
> think we could probably both work together to figure out a default
> soundserver for both desktops and Freedesktop.org-ize that.  Since there

OK. Lets just try to take this as a working hypothesis:

                    "We want a default soundserver".

Could we an informal voting about that? I would like to see a clearer picture.
Just stand up and mail "I agree" or "I do NOT agree"

> aren't any soundservers that are really closely connected with either desktop
> project I think we could probably do such in a reasonable fashion.

Which sound servers are there?
On Akademy I learned, gstreamer has none.
MAS has a sound server.
NMM has a sound server.
arts has a sound server.
esd is a sound server.