gst-thumbnail issue

Paul Ionescu i_p_a_u_l at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 20:59:08 BST 2004

Hi all,

Nautilus uses gst-thumbnail to generate icons for movie files.
It happens sometime that gst-thumbnail selects a black or almost black
frame from the movie, and this looks ugly.
My first question is how does gst-thumbnail selects a frame from the movie ?
It just take a random shot ? I guess not, because it gives always the same
output.
Another question is if this behavior can be modified, for instance
we can select to re-thumbnail a file if the first thumbnail was not
acceptable, or even we can make it recognize bad frames, and seek further.

Thanks,