[K3b] which (scsi)ommand to issue to continue FULL speed at read errors?]

Thomas Schorpp t.schorpp at gmx.de
Wed Sep 1 17:36:47 BST 2004

Thomas Schorpp wrote:
> hi yours,
>
> i got one problem with my dvd reader under k3b:
>
> in spite set ignore read errors and retries to 1 (0 isnt possible) the
> drive slows down and tries to recalibrate on reading in dvd images, so
> the process is to be aborted cos only 1sector/2sec speed left.
>
> i can do c,c++ but i have no knowlegde about those drive cmds.
>
> which and which sequence do you suggest to keep the drive at full speed?
>
> same problem using dd with noerr option.
>
> thx,
> tom

ive implemented read retries =0 yesterday, no success, drive spun down.

i like to try mmc mode-select RC=1 to turn off hw error correction and
implement a sw scratches error correction in k3b.
is there oss code for sw sector correction anywhere?

got the mmc-2/-3 specs, bunch of paper...

a quick reference or the correct cmd sequence for RC mode-select would
be helpful here.