amarok startup unbelievably sloooooooooooooow...

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sun Oct 10 13:24:11 BST 2004

Hi!
  After my latest CVS update yesterday, amarok started to crash on startup,
so I removed my personal config and started again. The first run wizard
appeared and asked for media directories. I entered my /home/media containing
aboug 23G of mp3's... From that moment on, amarok startup takes more than 10
minutes... It's loader gives up, telling that there is a problem, but the app
is still running, consuming a lot of CPU cycles, and after 10 - 15 minutes
the UI appears and the whole thing works :-).
  I think that such a big media archive is a common thing today and my Dual
Athlon 1600+ machine cannot be considered as extra slow :-)))... So I'm afraid
that something has to be optimized :-))) to satisfy its users :-). Or am I
making a mistake somewhere ?
                                     With regards, Pavel Troller