Usability - sound finding mission

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Sat Oct 2 13:52:54 BST 2004

On Saturday 02 October 2004 03:36, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:

> c) Explanation (link, tooltips) of some cryptic names like "IEC958", "PCM",
> "LFE" in kmix and the consequences of changing the settings.

Got It and agreed.
For now we use the alsa names and need create some way to explain users about
his name, which can be odd, since in some embedded sound cards LineIn Channel
can be the Rear channel just clicking a switch, but alsa name doesn't
change :-/.
In the ( near? ) future i pretend move the configuration to a card-based type
( detect and fit better layout tabs for specific card ), so this type of
explanations can easily be done.

[]'s

--
Helio Chissini de Castro