Current amarok cannot play with gstreamer engine

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Nov 30 05:14:44 GMT 2004

Hi!
  I tried to select the gstreamer engine in amarok and it doesn't work,
amarok always closes when a song is to be played.
  In the konsole, the following is written:
(process:2072): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: file gvaluetypes.c: line 810 (g_value_get_pointer): assertion `G_VALUE_HOLDS_POINTER (value)' failed

(process:2072): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: file gstdata.c: line 185 (gst_data_ref): assertion `data != NULL' failed
  arts and xine engines work normally.
  Should I upgrade some gst component or is it a temporary problem with amarok?

                                        With regards, Pavel Troller