Where's a tutorial or at least a source where I can learn how to play samples in KDE?

Jorge j.windmeisser at elogix.info
Mon Mar 15 22:52:13 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I'm surely getting obnoxious with this, but it's the only thing that is
missing. I'm referring to my project kisdnmonitor.

"Now" I'm implementing the audio stuff for VoIP, I'm using the arts C api.
While in KDE3.1 I had crappy sound quality, now with KDE3.2 the quality has
improved, the only problem is that whenever the caller speaks into his phone
he hears himself, that wasn't happening with KDE 3.1. I guess that the mixer,
internally mixes the microphone input with the speaker output, I'm not
talking about echo.

I'm really desperate, since the only thing that is missing for the release of
kisdnmonitor with VoIP support is the audio stuff and I'm stuck with the
issue since some months and no one seems to be able to help me, nor I've
found simple examples, besides the C API stuff, on how to program sound on
KDE with it's server.

If you're interested you can get more information about the project on
following links:

http://isdnserver.sourceforge.net
http://kisdnmonitor.sourceforge.net

Is out there some caritative sould that could help me?

Greets Jorge