welldone. JuK almost usable. roll on kde 3.3.

Caoilte O'Connor me at caoilte.org
Fri Mar 12 16:33:11 GMT 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 10:46, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > Artsd still habitually runs
> > at 20% of CPU so there is no stable audio out.
>
> sudo apt-get install libarts1-mpeglib
>
> This should really be the default plugin for artsd in my
> opinion but there are presumably issues preventing that.

aaaaah. Thankyou very much. Do you have any idea how many
years I've written Arts off unnecessarily? It seems strange
that the default plugin is so bad.

It was also my fault for installing packages individually
though, I guess. kdemultimedia has the right dependencies,
I just didn't want noatun...

Anyway Arts is now happily using less CPU than mldonkey. I
won't dare criticise it again until I need to use
realplayer... (and I've just noticed a timeout option that
might scotch that one)