KMix Update

Christian Esken c.esken at cityweb.de
Sun Jun 13 20:25:31 BST 2004

On Sunday 13 June 2004 15:21, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday 13 June 2004 3:39, Christian Esken wrote:
> > >
> > > While I'm all for major KMix cleanups, isn't it a bit late in the release
> > > schedule for such?
> >
> > No. Because  we are in Alpha (3.3alpha1), and have no shipping date.
>
> From http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.3-release-plan.html:
> ===
>    Wednesday August 18th, 2004: Targeted Release date

OK. This will be shifted, won't it :)

> Actually at the time that you're suggesting checking this stuff in beta1 will
> already be tagged.

OOPS. Good that you poiunt that out.

> And really -- I've looked at the KMix code; I know how ugly and broken parts
> of it are, I'm just worried that this is getting a bit of a late start for

Now there are some parts in that are outright beautiful:

The View design (wich does the drawing stuff) is working out really, really cool. It's fun to work with.

Fully layouted, fully equipped with sizenHint()'s: So hopefully no more resizing trouble (especially in the panel applet)

Slider updating solved MUCH easier.

> refactoring the whole thing.  At the very latest I'd say that it needs to be
> in before the beta is tagged...

Agreed, Luckily I have a vacation, so hopefully it will work out.
I know what work is left, and some changes are non-trivial.

Chris