KMix Update

Christian Esken c.esken at cityweb.de
Sun Jun 13 02:39:31 BST 2004

On Saturday 12 June 2004 21:27, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday 12 June 2004 13:56, Christian Esken wrote:
> > I am quite confident that I have something *very* nice to commit in 2-3
> > weeks.
>
> While I'm all for major KMix cleanups, isn't it a bit late in the release
> schedule for such?

No. Because  we are in Alpha (3.3alpha1), and have no shipping date.

The only possible alternative is to ship a quite broken KMix. I am neither able nor willing to fix the "old" sources - who else is?
Actually I have tried again and again to do "mild" fixes (some tries commited, most tries not), but it simply does not work out.

While the "sound core" is OK, the GUI part is completely unmaintainable (IOW: rotten). When I fix one bug, I need 2 days. And fixing 2 bugs will intruduce one new bug.
And its not only me: When the "completely safe usability fixes" were done, saving of configuration had been broken (and its still broken).

It needs to be fixed *now* - before someone looks at it in the Beta phase.

Chris