KMix Update

Christian Esken c.esken at cityweb.de
Sun Jun 13 02:22:53 BST 2004

On Saturday 12 June 2004 17:54, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2004-06-12 at 13:56, Christian Esken wrote:
> > I just wanted to inform you that there is some life in KMix development again.
> [..]
> > I am quite confident that I have something *very* nice to commit in 2-3 weeks.
>
> Care to explain what? :).

Yes. But I just got the victim of  a KMail crash (It shows a dialog about "you cannot encrypt everything" and crashes after I click OK - on EACH mail that I send, fully reproducable).
Well, its the curse of running CVS HEAD.
20 minutes of writing Mail are lost ... argh ...

So here's the short form:

1) move to a "View" approach
Cleaning up the rotten drawing stuff and move to a clean "View" solution.

2) add a "Surround View"

3) Update Sliders if another application changes volumes (KMix ALSA)

4) make resizing work reliably (especially with the panel appplet)

5) cleanup
remove dust of time

6) fix bugs
like crash-on-startup-if-soundcard-has-no-master-device

Chris