How do you tell if you're using aKode?

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Fri Jul 23 17:43:05 BST 2004

Am Freitag, 23. Juli 2004 18:35 schrieb Michael Pyne:
> There's been a lot of talk about the new aKode aRts plugin, and I was
> wondering how do you tell if you're actually using it or not, since
> apparently arts supports a few different output plugins.

cd akode
make
su -c "make install" (or sudo)
cd mpeglib_artsplug
su -c "make uninstall"

now you are using akode :D

Another way is detect by hearing. If you get blips and blops on seeking or on
buggy strams then it's mpeglib, otherwise it's aKode. Or you run cvs up on
all your kde sources at once while listening to a file on the same hdd. If it
skips like mad on extended hdd-trashing times then it's mpeglib, otherwise
it's aKode (yes, I can cvs up all of kde without a single dropout now, not
even xmms managed that back when I used it).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz