GStreamer 0.8.4 "Paella" released.
Thomas Vander Stichele
thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Jul 20 21:37:57 BST 2004
Release notes attached.
Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
<-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
de laatste tijd
heb ik gedacht
het is niet meer
zoals het was
<-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/
-------------- next part --------------
GStreamer: Release notes for GStreamer 0.8.4 "Paella"
The GStreamer team is happy to announce a new release
in the 0.8.x stable series of the GStreamer streaming-media framework.
The 0.8.x series is a stable series aimed at end users.
It is not API or ABI compatible with the stable 0.6.x series.
It is, however, parallel installable with the 0.6.x series.
This module only contains core functionality. For actual media playback,
you will need other modules. GStreamer Plugins contains a huge set of
additional plugins. GStreamer FFmpeg contains a plugin based on the popular
FFmpeg decoding library. These modules need not have the same source version
as the core, as long as they are in the 0.8.x series.
Features of this release
* Parallel installability with 0.6.x series
* New Translation: Czech (cs), Miloslav Trmac
* New Translation: Catalan (ca), Jordi Mallach
* Translations: af, az, cs, en_GB, fr, nl, sr, sv, tr, uk
* gst_init () now behaves like gtk_init ()
* queue fixes
* ongoing win32 build integration
* bytestream now has GstFilePad
* gst-register is now i18n-ized
* GstCaps XML-ization works again
* Fixed enum GValue
* Added GstFraction GValue
* Some applications may print warnings on the console saying
GStreamer-WARNING **: pad xvimagesink0:sink returned caps that are not a
real subset of its template caps.
It is safe to ignore this warning. It will be fixed in the next release
of the GStreamer Plugins.
Bugs fixed in this release
* 109831 : clocks aren't refcounted properly
* 123774 : state change on bin should set same state change on all c...
* 134663 : failed assertion at end of movie in totem
* 137863 : CPU/Memory leak when using spider decoder
* 140219 : no man page for gst-xmlinspect
* 141378 : gstreamer crashes during initialization due to a recent c...
* 141692 : gst_init() type function that ignores arguments it doesn'...
* 142418 : Win32 Debug build should not be the same as the Release one
* 142422 : Win32 Build documentation missing
* 142795 : [PATCH] Memory leak in queue element
* 142813 : [PATCH] Deadlock in optimal scheduler
* 142850 : GST-Register didn't find any plugins
* 142903 : [PATCH] fdsrc element never resets buffer offset to zero
* 143741 : cross compiling issue
* 143777 : [opt] problem after removing some elemnts and putting the...
* 143953 : Crash cause by gst_data_is_writable + audioconvert
* 144185 : Double-free memory
* 145137 : patch to make GstCaps XML functions actually do something
* 145338 : [PATCH] Fix a bus error in the optimal scheduler
* 145391 : gstvalue.c: ref klasses instead of peek
* 145520 : registry rebuilds too easily
* 147707 : FreeBSD dosn't have strndup
* 147713 : opt scheduler resorts the chain incorrectly
* 147819 : [PATCH] Add some checks in the opt scheduler
* 147894 : opt scheduler decoupled elements mismanagement
* 147929 : [PATCH] running gst-register in non-utf8 locale can cause...
You can find source releases of gstreamer in the download directory:
More details can be found on the project's website:
Support and Bugs
We use GNOME's bugzilla for bug reports and feature requests:
CVS is hosted on cvs.freedesktop.org.
All code is in CVS and can be checked out from there.
Interested developers of the core library, plug-ins, and applications should
subscribe to the gstreamer-devel list. If there is sufficient interest we
will create more lists as necessary.
Applications already ported to use GStreamer 0.8.x include the GNOME
desktop components like gnome-media and nautilus-media, as well as other
GNOME applications including sound-juicer, totem and RhythmBox.
Contributors to this release
* Andy Wingo
* Benjamin Otte
* Daniel Gazard
* David Moore
* David Schleef
* Jan Schmidt
* Joe Marcus Clarke
* Johan Dahlin
* Miloslav Trmac
* Ronald Bultje
* Sebastien Cote
* Steve Lhomme
* Thomas Vander Stichele
* Wim Taymans
* Zaheer Abbas Merali
-------------- next part --------------
kde-multimedia mailing list
kde-multimedia at kde.org
More information about the kde-multimedia