Help: I need a proper method to detect 99% of all mp3 files

Sebastian Trueg sebastian at trueg.de
Wed Jul 7 20:23:31 BST 2004

thanks a lot for your tips.
Actually I now try to decode two headers and then compare them. This is way
more reliable than my previous method and a way smaller code since it uses
mad calls.
It was kind of stupid of me to decode using mad and not use it for detection
but then I always found it hard to understand the mad library since it's not
very good documented. But the arts mad decoder code helped a lot here.

So basicly I do what you where proposed, Scott. :)

Cheers,
Sebastian