debuging woes

Darrell Esau desau at sodapopboy.com
Fri Jan 23 00:10:44 GMT 2004

Ok -- I'm working on a UI plugin for noatun (from kde 3.2beta)

Everything was working great until some recent changes that I made to my
plugin's user interface.  Now, when I load the plugin in noatun, it just
dies silently (no core, no debuging information, nothing).

I can put some printf statements in my plugin and I see them getting
called up to a point (just before constructing an object).. then it all
goes away.

I've recompiled noatun with --enable-debug=full, but I still get nothing
from noatun.  gdb tells me that there's no debugging information to be
found.

Checking kdebugdialog shows that area 0 has all debugging turned on (to
stderr/stdout), and area 66666 has all debugging turned on (to
stderr/stdout).

Any suggestions on where to go from here?  I've fought with this for
about 10 hours now trying to figure out where it's dieing.

-d