patch: normalize effect for noatunarts

Stefan Gehn mETz81 at web.de
Thu Dec 30 14:53:17 GMT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2004 15:34 schrieb Felix Berger:
> On Monday 27 December 2004 18:10, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > for post-3.4 you could have a look at the make-it-snow-branch to see what
> > Noatun might look like (in case I get it finished and/or find somebody
> > else to help me a bit).
>
> Is there a chance of getting the normalize effect into that branch? I could
> give you a helping hand and send you some patches.

So far it's easy, just check it out (the whole noatun subdir is branched) and
create a patch for noatunarts. So far all I changed there was the namespace
because namespace Noatun is taken already (it's what is/will be used inside
libnoatun).

> > The audio-backend is not a plugin yet but meant to become one. Currently
> > I'm fighting with getting rid of all arts dependencies inside libnoatun.
> > noatunarts etc. will all be part of a player plugin then.
>
> Will plugins be able to communicate with each other? The normalize plugin
> for instance would then have to find out what audio backend is available
> and use the appropriate normalize effect if existent.

If it's in noatunarts then your normalize effect will only be available if the
artsplayer plugin is loaded. I don't think I can manage abstracting effects
from the audio backend as well (stuff like artsd, gstreamer, xine etc. are
just way too different).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz