[Player-Qt] Qt helix widget

Ian Reinhart Geiser geiseri at kde.org
Tue Dec 7 20:46:47 GMT 2004

Ah man, I feel so bad that I have not had a chance to work on this in so
long.  Between work here, and KDevelop/KJSEmbed getting ready for release
I have been buried.  Basicly I was looking at the stuff that Justin was
working on with making the player into a QObject and then a widget that
would render the sucker.  He had some nice interfaces that would allow us
to embed the control easier.

As for kdemm, I think everyone is laying low until KDE 3.4 is out.  KDE 4
Development is suppose to start in the spring when Qt 4 is in beta.  On
that note it might be worth targeting Qt 4 right out of the gate.

Beyond that, I think we are where we where a few months ago...  Ideally
things will quiet down at the end of the month and Qt 4 will be in beta,
then we can get some noticeable progress.

Cheers
  -ian reinhart geiser

--
KDE - Unix is ready for the desktop