aRts maintenance

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Fri Dec 3 15:29:06 GMT 2004

On Thursday 2004 December 02 03:10 pm, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!

Hi Stefan!

I'm sad to see you go.  Because of your work on aRts, KDE was the first
desktop to have an integrated soundsystem.  My commendations on the effort
and thought you've put into your software.

As for the sound in KDE, aRts to this day provides still an excellent feature
set which continues to prove hard to reproduce.

As a developer of audio software for KDE, I hope that by the time KDE 4 is
developed, our selection of options provides something comparable with aRts,
at least in functionality.

-Charles

--
Charles Samuels <charles at kde.org>