All apps using arts libs crash

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Aug 31 18:26:05 BST 2004

> On Saturday 28 August 2004 17:37, Pavel Troller wrote:
> > Does anybody experience this too and does eventually have a clue, what
> > to do to solve it ?
>
> Never seen it. But what would be interesting is to see a backtrace or whether
> valgrind shows anything.
> xmms, btw, cannot work with arts >= 1.2 because of glib problems. mplayer
> works with arts for me, though.
>
> --
Hi!
  Thanks for pointing me, mplayer problem was also caused by glib collision!
I'm compiling mplayer with gtk gui and it's still 1.2 by default. Now I've
got a gtk2 patch for mplayer, compiled it, it now links only one - the correct
- glib and it doesn't crash.
  I suspect the SDL problem being the same.

                                 With regards, Pavel Troller