Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 29 22:24:33 BST 2004

On Sunday 29 August 2004 12:18 pm, Yogesh  Marwaha wrote:
>  Please suggest the best method to read Meta tags from media files. Taglib
> (used by Amarok) is fine but it fails to read comment from the file.
> Kfilemetainfo reads comments but fails to read other tags in some files.
> Another option is picking the code from xmms, which has done well in my
> tests.

It's looking like taglib is the way to go, as it is used by many more
applications than amarok, including JuK and even some of the KFileMetaInfo
plugins.  I hear MusicBrainz may be adding support for it as well.

Taglib is also actively maintained, so if for some reason it doesn't read a
tag from a file, please file a bug on bugs.kde.org, and you can also use the
taglib-devel mailing list for taglib discussion.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne