Kooka: Scanning an exact duplicate

Roger Larsson roger.larsson at skelleftea.mail.telia.com
Wed Aug 25 12:44:16 BST 2004

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 20.02, Bruce wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to use Kooka, my scanner and a colour
> printer as a colour copier - i.e., to scan and print an exact copy of an
> image. I'd like to scan, save, and print out a copy that is the exact same
> size as the original (basically, I want to copy some photos, without
> scaling).

"Bug 69720: kooka lacks a button for direct copy and faxing
(wishlist)"

> This doesn't seem to be very easy. The only way I can figure out how to do
> this is
>
> a) scan and save the image
> b) open it in the Gimp
> c) get out a ruler and measure the original
> d) scale the scanned image to the size of the original
> e) print

Before Final Scan
	set Scan Size to match your paper size
After scan you can hit Print directly (File->Print)
Select Properties (of printer)
	Select tab Margins
	Select "Use custom margins"
		set all to zero (0)
	Select OK
In the print dialogue hit Expand
	Select tab Image Printing
	there use "Original Size"
		Enter "Scan resolution"
		This produces almost perfect copies for me.
	or use "Scale image to fit to page"
		(the page has no margin)
		Not perfect copies but OK.

/RogerL