Akode fail ( Was Re: Ogg stop plays ? )

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Sat Aug 7 03:05:06 BST 2004

On Saturday 07 August 2004 3:41, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> One more possible culprit.. Do you have a library version of libltdl
> installed, and which version?
> If you do, try compiling kdemultimedia with --disable-libltdl. One of the
> last changes was the option of using libltdl instead of libdl in the
> plugin-loader, to make akodelib to work on all the KDE and aRts supported
> platforms.

Yes -- this is what makes the difference for me.  From aRtsd I get:

search playobject, mimetype = audio/x-mp3
creating akodeMPEGPlayObject to play file
akode: opening /usr/local/share/music/albums/Afro Cuban All Stars - A Toda
Cuba Le Gusta - Maria Caracoles.mp3
couldn't load file /usr/local/share/music/albums/Afro Cuban All Stars - A Toda
Cuba Le Gusta - Maria Caracoles.mp3
akode: halt

When I'm not using --disable-libltdl.  For me it came as part of the
libtool-1.4.2-188 package.

-Scott