Introducing MLT

Ronald S. Bultje R.S.Bultje at students.uu.nl
Sun Apr 4 15:51:25 BST 2004

Hi Charles (& Dan),

On Sun, 2004-04-04 at 03:29, Charles Yates wrote:
[..]

The standard question: given your goals and implementation similarities
to existing frameworks, why did you choose to write a new one from
scratch? The company that I work for happily uses the GStreamer
framework for all of our video effects, mostly because it reduces costs
(framework is there already, so I didn't have to spend a year of
manhours in writing a new one) compared to re-creating our own. Also,
LGPL is favoured over GPL here (but that's not a company policy but a
developer [=me] policy). Apart from that, I see little differences.

And the obvious second question: how does it compare to GStreamer? :).

Ronald