URGENT: kdemultimedia to Kernel 2.6 fixes needed

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at conectiva.com.br
Wed Oct 22 16:25:45 BST 2003

Hello all

As everyone know, kernel 2.6 is about to be released, and unless some people
want maintain 2.4 for sane reasons, the migration to 2.6 will requires some
urgent changes
As example, we don't have <linux/version.h>, as symbols are generated on
compile time, not after.
As kdemultimedia have many apps affected by this, some acward behaviour can
happens, so i propose some effort to do this now, avoiding 3.2 clash on beta
stages, of course maintaining compatibility with older kernels.
Any comments ? I'm voluntary to start the changes to people that doesn't have
time to fix their source as well..

Best regards

--
Helio Chissini de Castro