[Bug 66168] New: good extensible grabber needed
shafff at ukr.net
Fri Oct 17 16:59:54 BST 2003
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug, or are watching the assignee.
Summary: good extensible grabber needed
Platform: Mandrake RPMs
AssignedTo: kde-multimedia at kde.org
ReportedBy: shafff at ukr.net
Version: (using KDE KDE 3.1.1a)
Installed from: Mandrake RPMs
People need powerful grabber.
Particulary, I want:
1. encoding on the fly, I mean ability to change general command line
for example, i use
cdda2wav -I cooked_ioctl -D /dev/cdrom -w -t <TRACK NUMBER> - | lame - "<NAME OF TRACK>.mp3" --alt-preset standard -c -p -tt "<SONG TITLE>"
This will provide freedom of choosing encoder (lame, oggenc, flac) and ripper
2. Remote CDDB support (and not only freedb)
3. CD-TEXT support
4. Local CDDB - for saving info obtained from remote CDDB, CD-TEXT, user input
5. When inputting album info (names of songs):
User entered name of track 1, pressed <Enter>
and after that track 2 must be activated and it must be ready for typing
The same vs other trax.
This will help people to enter album info faster
6. Support for cp1251 encoding cause it is used (de-facto) in all russian mp3's
More information about the kde-multimedia