kmix - Master volume is an INPUT device ?

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at conectiva.com.br
Sun Nov 23 21:11:33 GMT 2003

On Sunday 23 November 2003 11:16, Christian Esken wrote:
> On Saturday 22 November 2003 12:39, Pavel Troller wrote:

> Answer is easy: Every device that has recording capability (more precisely:
> a capture switch or a capture volume) is on the "Input" Tab. For example my
> both soundcards have their Master(s) on the Output Tab.
>
> I agree to you that it looks illogical. This whole control
> grouping/ordering stuff is a work in progress.

Yes, for next KDE kmix will need pass to some changes. I agree about the
strangeness of this one, but at beginning, as Christian said, looks logical
and is this way Alsa are doing now. Put all switches/sliders together falls
in a huge horrible mixer as in the past.
Well, we will try do better next time :-)

--
Helio Castro
KDE Developer