standalone artsd

Bernd Birkholz bb at opensystems.de
Thu Nov 6 22:47:22 GMT 2003

Hello,

I spend a lot of time for thin client systems based on LTSP-4 and ALSA
which is working currently only with esound system. This solution has
some disadvantages while using KDE as desktop system. Therefore I intend
to use artsd as soundserver on thin client system. Its seems to be very
hard to compile the whole arts code with all dependencies in the
development environment of the thin client.

Is there anybody who can tell me please, how I can make a standalone
version of artsd for thin client enviroment ?

Many Thanks

Bernd Birkholz