Cannot compile kdemultimedia: glib headers not found

Tim Janik timj at gtk.org
Tue Mar 18 23:30:46 GMT 2003

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003, Matthias Kretz wrote:

> The problem is known. The right fix is to change arts/artsc/artsc-config.in to
> include the path for glib into it's own cflags. (I'm not sure how to do it
> right, yet, though.)

not sure if/how this is fixed in CVS, so in case not, fixing artsc-config to
work with glib should be a matter of:
=====hand-written artsc-config diff=====
   case $1 in
     --libs)
-          flags="$flags -L$libdir $libdl -lartsc  -DPIC -fPIC -lpthread"
+          flags="$flags -L$libdir $libdl -lartsc `pkg-config --libs glib-2.0` -DPIC -fPIC -lpthread"
           ;;
     --cflags)
-          flags="$flags -I$includedir/artsc"
+          flags="$flags -I$includedir/artsc `pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0`"
           ;;
=====hand-written artsc-config diff=====

> On Tuesday March 18 2003 10:47, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > Since the recent changes in arts concerning dependency on glib2,
> > I cannot compile kdemultimedia/arts/modules/ because the glib
> > header path is not explicitely added. In my installation, headers
> > are in /usr/include/glib-2.0/.
> >
> > The include stack is the following:
> >
> > kdemultimedia/arts/modules/synth_osc_impl.cc
> > $(KDEDIR)/include/arts/gsl/gsloscillator.h
> > $(KDEDIR)/include/arts/gsl/gsldefs.h
> > glib.h

---
ciaoTJ