PCM data from audio stream

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Mon Mar 3 14:02:24 GMT 2003

   Hi!

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:44:51AM -0500, Zack Rusin wrote:
> is there a quick way of getting pcm data from the audio stream using
> Arts? Basically I need to get 30 seconds worth of pcm data to generate
> TRM's for files and was hoping there's a quick way of getting it.

I am not sure what you want to do. If you want to record what artsd is
currently playing, you might want to use artsrec (and artscontrol, to reassign
the recording device for artsrec). If you want an KDE API for doing this,
you can use KAudioRecordStream from libartskde. If you want a C API for doing
this, you can use libartsc. If you want to convert an mp3 to a raw file, you
might use want to look at KAudioConverter (libartskde).

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany