KDE CVS xine_artsplugin compile error

Ewald Snel ewald at rambo.its.tudelft.nl
Sun Mar 2 13:41:08 GMT 2003

Hi Stefan,

[...]

> btw, while we're at it, my gcc 3.2 errors out on the 'inline' stuff found
> in xineutils.h (inline is undefined at that moment, no idea why). I worked
> around this by adding #define inline __inline (seems to be some internal
> inline version, I don't care as long as it compiles and works) to
> audio_fifo_out.c but I know that this is just a bad hack.
>
> What could cause 'inline' being undefined? Why does nothing include the
> right header-file to define it?

I think this was caused by the '-ansi' flag. From the gcc manpage.

  "This turns off certain features of GCC that are incompatible with
   ISO C89 (when compiling C code), or of standard C++ (when compiling
   C++ code), such as the "asm" and "typeof" keywords, and predefined
   macros such as "unix" and "vax" that identify the type of system
   you are using.  It also enables the undesirable and rarely used ISO
   trigraph feature.  For the C compiler, it disables recognition of
   C++ style // comments as well as the "inline" keyword."

There was a workaround for this in KDE-3.1 (--U__STRICT_ANSI__). This has been
readded to the Makefile.am of KDE_3_1_BRANCH and HEAD.

> Bye, Stefan aka mETz

bye,

ewald