JuK -> KDE CVS

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Sat Mar 1 20:31:55 GMT 2003

On Samstag März 1 2003 18:33, Charles Samuels wrote:
> On Saturday 01 March 2003 9:14, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > Ok, I'll have a look together with Charles so we get at least a tip of
> > the day dialog on start (I think that's less intrusive than a wizard) and
> > check how to do the kmenu thing.
>
> I disagree.  Users ignore the TotD, but pay attention to wizards.

I don't pay attention at all and most of my friends click on "next" on wizards
all the time just to get through it.

> I do see the value in making sure the user knows about the cool plugin
> magic, but, a tip of the day isn't a way to ensure it.

Ok, then we better leave as is, wizards are lame and time expensive (really,
any type of prefs-dialog feels faster than that "next" clickery in a wizard).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein