flac

tech at bishop.dhs.org tech at bishop.dhs.org
Fri Jan 31 06:05:31 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 09:50:08PM -0800, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Thursday January 30, 2003 09:41, tech at bishop.dhs.org wrote:
> > Do I mis-remember someone offering to add flac support to arts?
>
> aRts needs no changes for new audio codecs to be usable.  Just write a
> playbobject and we're set.
>
> I don't remember anyone offering, though.  I think I remember my asking Rik
> to offer, but that's it. :-)

Yes, that's what I meant.  I didn't mean to imply that arts would have
to be changed :-)

Documentation on writing a play object? arts-project.org doesn't seem to
have been touched since '01.  Here's to hoping that the docs for arts
and the docs for flac are explicit and simple enough to let even a n00b
like me make it work B-)

D.A.Bishop