Bug #45352 and its patches

Jason Lane jglane at btopenworld.com
Sun Jan 19 08:07:54 GMT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for picking this up Marcel, and to Scott for applying the patch to CVS.
I'm glad that it's in HEAD. I've just tested the patch to my local copy of
BRANCH (RC6?) and it applies, compiles and works fine, so it would be good to
see this long term bug fixed for 3.1.1 - or even 3.1 if there's another RC
release. After all it is just over a year since Ogg Vorbis went 1.0 ;-)

My other patch - to the audiocd ioslave itself - still applies and works.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=103077882832587&w=2

This gives a more accurate estimated file size when using different quality
settings. Currently the estimated file size is calculated from vorbis_bitrate
- which of course doesn't change if you alter the quality setting. A bug,
surely. Patch attached. It applies to 3_1_BRANCH, I assume it will to HEAD.

On Saturday 18 January 2003 5:47 pm, Marcel Martin wrote:
> I'm writing in one last attempt of getting bug #45352 fixed (it's marked as
> resolved, but that's wrong).
<snip>
> I'm actually a bit disappointed since it was my first "bigger" contribution
> to the KDE project, but it seems no one cared (although it does fix a bug
> which is BTW still existent in 3.1). And I fear that future contributions
> by me will not get accepted either; not because they are bad, but because I
> can't find anyone who commits them.

I agree. I too was a little disappointed that my changes weren't picked up
back in August, or since. I've not done any Ogg ripping since, so haven't
needed to check.

Regards,

Jason