Bug #45352 and its patches

Marcel Martin mmar at freenet.de
Sat Jan 18 17:47:08 GMT 2003

Hi there,

I'm writing in one last attempt of getting bug #45352 fixed (it's marked as
resolved, but that's wrong).
I have written a patch a while ago to allow the setting of the quality level
for the Ogg Vorbis encoder. I have written to various audiocd maintainers and
did get positive feedback, but the patches were never applied (nor rejected)
and there was often no answer.
As I found out today, Jason Lane has also written a patch similar to mine a
while ago (please see thread starting at
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=103057938629770&w=2), but the change
was also never commited to HEAD.
I'm actually a bit disappointed since it was my first "bigger" contribution to
the KDE project, but it seems no one cared (although it does fix a bug which
is BTW still existent in 3.1). And I fear that future contributions by me
will not get accepted either; not because they are bad, but because I can't
find anyone who commits them.

I'd be very glad if someone commited (or rejected) one of the patches or gave
me an e-mail address of an active maintainer who could do so.

Thanks,
Marcel
--
 . .
/ V / Marcel Martin   Bielefeld   OpenPGP public key: