Fwd: Re: Crash: File Manager - Super User Mode

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Jan 18 14:46:06 GMT 2003

On Saturday 18 January 2003 14:33, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> Is there any easy fix for this ? apparently no kde program (at least not
> konqueror in this case) can be started with kdesu -t in KDE_3_1_BRANCH
> because of the owner rights of /tmp/mcop-<username>.

Why does it want to use /tmp/mcop-<username> ? Shouldn't it be using
/tmp/mcop-root?

Anyway, mcoputils is full with arts_fatal() calls which call "exit(1)" instead
of reporting the error to the caller and letting the application continue
without sound. There haven't been any recent changes there though.

Wasn't there a patch for arts recently to let it use getpwent instead of
getenv("LOGNAME") ? mcoputils still uses LOGNAME.

See http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=104028588424794&w=2

No idea why that hasn't gone in. I have commited it now to the 3.1 branch and
HEAD.

Cheers,
Waldo