KMixer and Noatun problems

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Mon Feb 24 13:29:42 GMT 2003

   Hi!

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 11:48:01PM +0100, Robert Bj?rn wrote:
>  3) I get sound in KDE, but Noatun doesn't appear to be able to play MP3s.
> When I launch it from a prompt, I get the following output when I try an MP3
> file. In XMMS it works fine though.
>
>  bash-2.05b$ noatun
>  mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
>  unix_connect: can't connect to server
> (unix:/tmp/mcop-rob/telia-01b7-3e504575)
>  Launched ok, pid = 454

You need to be running artsd successfully to run noatun. Please read
http://www.arts-project.org/doc/handbook/faq.html for a lot more information
on artsd, and try to find out why it doesn't run successfully on your machine.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany