Media Options for KDE 4

Eray Ozkural exa at ttnet.net.tr
Sun Feb 23 17:54:17 GMT 2003

On Sunday 23 February 2003 17:53, Tim Jansen wrote:
> On Sunday 23 February 2003 16:36, Eray Ozkural wrote:
> > C/glib is a huge problem. No KDE programmer would (or should) want to go
> > back to that....
>
> Indeed, but all options use C. Arts uses a C backend, and JACK, Xine and
> CSL are written in 100% C. And all codecs are written in C. If you are
> doing MM development you can't avoid it.

I can write a complete and efficient kernel in C++, I don't see why I wouldn't
be able to do multimedia coding with it.

Look at buzz, it has a C++ architecture and works perfectly. I really don't
understand why your C++ code would be inefficient unless you are a terrible
programmer.... (You being plural)

Thanks,

--
Eray Ozkural (exa) <erayo at cs.bilkent.edu.tr>