Fwd: Re: aRts vs JACK

Stefan Westerfeld stefan at space.twc.de
Sat Feb 22 21:22:31 GMT 2003

   Hi!

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 01:50:33PM +0100, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Friday 21 February 2003 09:22, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > Eh?  It's not people who file useful reports, people who cooperate, that I
> > complain about. It's people who *never* interact, *never* file reports,
> > and *constantly* bash aRts that I complain about.  It's that garbage that
> > was on kde-devel last time I bothered with that list.
>
> Nevertheless, if aRts is going to be replaced in kde4, the replacement has to
> be able of a _lot_ of things! It should be a working soundserver not just an
> idea...

KDE3.2 will support cascading aRts to EsounD (patch is in the CVS), and I
hope that through CSL it will also support MAS. Thus the soundserver part is
not the hardest part to improve interoperability. Its rather the media
framework part and the effects stuff that I see no work being done for right
now.

   Cu... Stefan
--
  -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan at space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany