artswrapper question

Henrique Pinto stampede at lagoaminas.com.br
Sun Aug 24 17:55:59 BST 2003

On Sunday 24 August 2003 13:46, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Sunday 24 August 2003 17:17, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> > So let me rephrase: why there's no visual warning activated by default?
>
> As far as I know the warnings are on and shown via artsmessage by default.
> Unless some distro changes it. But If your aRts isn't installed with suid
> root I assume you compiled from sources.

Yes, you're right. I compile from sources. But some distros (including
Slackware 9.0) ship it with artswrapper not suid root.

I've tested on a Slackware system and there is no indication of the fact. No
special configuration was done. In fact, the system was installed just for
the tests.

> Could it be that you have an old arts-configuration around where the
> messages are disabled?

Probably not. See above.

--
	Henrique Pinto