KsCD; no music sounds

Lateef Alabi-Oki mystilleef at yifan.net
Wed Apr 9 05:39:46 BST 2003

Hello Friends,

I have a little but frustrating problem with KsCD, KDE's CD player. I use
KDE 3.1.1 and I have configured all the necessary settings for KsCD on my
computer.

I can play CDs, but there is no music output to the speakers. I can hear
every other sound, for instance when opening or closing windows or when KDE
is starting up and so on. But I can't get music output from CDs.

Funny enough, KsCD shows the track number of the CD playing, the number of
tracks the CD has, the current track playing and all other relevant
information, but still there is no music output to the speakers. I have
toyed around with Kmix, but it doesn't seem to have solved this problem. I
can play CDs without problems on my Windows partition, so I doubt it's a
problem with my CDRW or sound device-SigmaTel Audio device (onboard).

Like I said, the desktop theme sounds and every other sound works, but music
sounds from CDs don't.  Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Mystilleef