Multimedia framework

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Oct 24 20:41:53 BST 2002

On Thursday October 24 2002 15:04, Neil Stevens wrote:

> On Thursday October 24, 2002 11:12, George Staikos wrote:
> >    This is what I was afraid of.  Using such approaches is just not
> > suitable to all applications, though I do see a benefit in terms of
> > things like using more polished apps to do end-to-end playing of video
> > files/dvds.  I can't see how this could be very useful for a realtime
> > video editor, for instance.
>
> Well, until someone steps up and adds more to aRts, nothing will get done.
>
> It doesn't matter if 200 people file wishlists about what they say they
> can't do with aRts, it doesn't matter what video apps people want.  Unless
> someone codes the wnated features, or pays someone to do it, we're stuck
> with what we've got until KDE 4 when we break BC.

  Part of the reason I wrote this, and as we discussed in the past, is that I
have already done so, but not for arts itself.  I have code which will be
useful in many of those different areas.  Does anyone want to put some
feedback into this?   I'm almost ready to split it off into a separate
library.  I just need to finish up a few more things.

--

George Staikos