Multimedia framework

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Oct 23 16:44:09 BST 2002

   Exactly what is the arts/kde multimedia framework with respect to graphics
right now?  Is there some sort of formal plan?  What is finalised, and what
is not?  Based on these threads, and based on my own experience on a machine
where only one of those backends actually works without dropping frames, and
only a recent version at that, I think it would be nice to have support for
various different backends.  I don't think this is too hard or overkill.  It
would be nice, however, if the frontend interface to these backends was
generic.  If this is already the case, then a) how is it configured, b) how
is it used, c) what is defined as its capabilities?

--

George Staikos